Saturday, June 25, 2011

No "Ancient Aliens" Required

I've been hearing about the so-called "ancient aliens" for most of my life. I have to admit that I was very curious about them as a young man, but gave it little thought when I grew-up. Somehow, it didn't seem very logical that aliens would even bother to come here when we were relatively primitive and give us all kinds of help, but not to return when we really might have needed them during the years of the Cold War when the United States and its allies were on the brink of nuclear war with the Soviet Union.

Not to mention those times in human history when we faced devastating epidemics like bubonic plague, smallpox, influenza and others which threatened to wipe-out our entire species.

The History Channel has often been one of my favorites because I've always liked to learn new things. Unfortunately, they have often given airtime to pseudoscience as if it were on par with real science and this is the case with their recent "documentary" on aliens who supposedly came to Earth during ancient times.

Lacking the time to do an in-depth debunking of this documentary myself, I found some one who has done a recent set of videos debunking the documentary on YouTube.

SuperSoylent has a channel on YouTube where he posts videos debunking pseudoscience claims of all kinds and he posted these two videos today. Please check out his channel and subscribe if you have an account there.
If you own or are thinking about buying books, tapes, DVDs any of the crap marketed by the evangelists of the Ancient Alien hoax, it could save you a lot of time and money to watch both of these videos in their entirety.

Duane Browning

No comments: