Schnitzer Steel Hawaii Corporation (formerly Hawaii Metal Recycling) will accept vehicles for recycling from the public.
There are a few things you have to do before they will accept it:
- they do not pickup vehicles themselves, so you will have to bring it to them;
- the tank has to be punctured;
- battery and cable to battery has to be removed;
- antifreeze, CFCs (freon from air conditionerr) oil and gasoline have to be drained;
- tires have to be off but you can remove the tires yourself after you have the vehicle towed to their facility.
Here is their contact information:
Schnitzer Steel Hawaii Corporation
91-056 Hanua Street
Kapolei, HI 96707
Hours of Operation:
- M-F 7:30am - 3:15pm (Closed 12-12:30pm for lunch) , call for Saturday hours.
Note: they do not accept nonferrous metals, only steel or iron. They will not accept copper.