Sunday, May 29, 2016

Dr Okosun Curing Tinnitus With Magic?

It seems that whenever I write blog about any scam product that touts itself as a tinnitus cure, I get a comment posted about some supposed miracle worker in Nigeria. His name is Dr Okosun and here is the post I've been finding in comments:
SPECIAL THANKS TO DR OKOSUN FOR THE TINNITUS CURED HE
RENDER TO ME.
I'm giving a testimony about Dr. OKOSUN the great Herbalist man, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my Tinnitus Ear virus, though I went through different website I saw a testimonies about this herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the Tinnitus virus cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. OKOSUN via email, (doctorokosunspelltemple@gmail.com) I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared the (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, then the Tinnitus was no there, if you are suffering from Tinnitus virus you to contact him on his via email address: doctorokosunspelltemple@gmail.com or call him +2348107584479,
 
He can also cure you from others sickness such as.
ALS cure.
you need your EX husband back.
you need money ritual.
DIABETES
CANCER
Asthma
STROKE
INFERTILITY
HEPATITIS B
HEART DISEASE
HAPATIS C
Thanks for taking time to read my post, again his email on DOCTOROKOSUNSPELLTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM or call or whatsapp him on +2348107584479. wish you good luck

I decided to find out a little more about this guy. A quick Google search reveals this exact post, word for word, has been posted numerous times across many forums and there are several Google + accounts which seem to exist solely for the purpose of advertising him and I've seen many posts on Facebook on his behalf. It's pretty obvious that the individual(s) posting these messages don't speak English very well, which is obvious from the poor spelling and grammar. They don't seem to be medically informed either, since tinnitus isn't caused by a virus.

Since these idiots have pestered me before, I sent him an email and received this reply
You are welcome to DR OKOSUN home is a great temple which has been in existence for the past 67 year and it has been past from generation to generations.
What I do here is 100% guaranteed and no matter what the problem is, my spell must work for the power behind it is very powerful and secured, no harm and very easy, And this temple is a place of seriousness what I want here is real people who really want their problems to be solve and not a playing ground. And in this temple there are rule that can never be violated: {1} Do not tell anybody about the spell until you have seen result {2} Do not work with me and the same time work with another spell caster it is either you make a choice {3} Do not come here for jokes or take spell casting for granted 

This are the rule and regulation you must follow in other for a good spell casting and to get good result of 100% guaranteed. But before i start with the cure your info will be needed,As the info you will provide below will be fine and OK.
YOUR NAME:
YOUR SEX:
YOUR COUNTRY:
YOUR STATE:
FORUM WHERE YOU FOUND OUR ADVERT: 
YOUR MOBILE:
AGE 
YOUR PICTURE:
ADDITIONAL INFO NEEDED FROM YOU: 
If I get the detail I will proceed with the cure, for you have make the right choice for contacting. 

Hope to hear from you. Best of luck 

Attention:
I actually had to clean up the above reply that he sent to me because it had sentence breaks everywhere and it looked like he just copypasted it and sent it out without checking it first. Notice, it says "Attention" at the end? At the footer of some of his emails to me, I noticed that he had sent it out using his Blackberry phone, which explains the sloppiness.

The name "Okosun" is a real name that seems to be rather common in Nigeria and searching for a Doctor Okosun turned-up several legitimate medical doctors. There's also a famous evangelical preacher, Sonny Okosun. Aside from a Google + page and a Twitter account that hasn't been used in a long time, this guy doesn't have an Internet presence, aside from his people posting anywhere and everywhere. I'm certain of two things:
  1. he's not a doctor or even a witch doctor;
  2. "Okosun" isn't his real name
I had asked him if he had the cure for tinnitus and he sent this short follow-up to the first email:
My child I have the cure
Knowing a bit of how magic is supposed to be done, the requests for my name, gender, age and picture don't seem to be unusual. But, why would he need my mobile number? My picture could likely be used as part of some other scam or to tell falsely people that I'm one of the people he's cured.

I sent another email, asking if he needed me to travel to him so he could work his magic with me there and if he required some sort of financial "donation" before he could get to work. I received this reply
hello my child,
i am going to prepare the herb and send it to you in your country through coral service, so before i can proceed forward you have to provide the details needed.
hope to hear from you soon.
best regard.
I think he meant to say "courier service", not "coral service". Aside from the obvious fact that English is not his first language, he didn't seem to read my email all the way through the first time and had to later send this response to whether a financial donation was required
You are paying 200 $ only to purchase the items, that will be used to prepare the herb.
Being curious as to how I would send him the $200 he's asking for, I sent him a reply with some bullshit information I made-up. I told him that I didn't have a mobile number because tinnitus made me deaf in both ears. I also didn't send him a picture. I figured that he'd let those slide in anticipation of my sending him 200 dollars. Here's what he said
Hello my child,
now that i have receive your information i want you to know that your sickness will be cure with my herbal medicine okay?
so my child i don't ask money for me to cure you but after i have prepped the herbal for you,immediately after using it you will go for
a test and you shall be tested Sickness negative okay.but you are only going to pay for the herbal items. which i am to use to prepped the
cure of your sickness okay?
items needed
1. Essin Atalodo
2. Udurele
3. Owewe
4. Upakensi
5. Ogili and Umelen
total is 200usd
as soon as i get this herbal items i will prepped the cure of your
sickness, so that you can leave a peaceful with your love once okay.
Which was soon followed by this
Alright my child, so I will start working immediately so I will send you the items am to buy so that I can prepare the herb and send it to you
Not surprisingly, the entire email he sent to me is an almost exact copy of a post from a forum that was placed several months ago by a user called kelvin Marty on January 19, 2016. I was somewhat surprised that he didn't press me for a mobile number, but I suppose the story I gave him was convincing.

I Googled the names of the items he says that he needs and only one came back with a result. "Owewe" is the word for "cannon", so I'm guessing it's not some sort of herb or plant. While it is possible that all of these things are real herbs and these are simply the names they are known by locally, I think it's more likely that the names are made-up.

It didn't take long for this guy to smell blood and that the moment had come for him to cash-in. Shortly after he received the information I sent to him after pulling it out of my ass, he finally sent this
Hello you are to send the money through western union money transfer, these are the details you are to send to Receivers name: Ebhohimen innocent Receivers Country : Nigeria Receivers State : Edo State Security questions : My favourite colour Security answer : RedAfter sending you send down the following Sender full name..........Sender country.......Sender state..........Amount sent.....MTCN pin......Text questions....Text answer....
At this point, it's pretty clear that there is no "Doctor Okosun". It looks like the name of the person I've been corresponding with actually is named Ebhohimen Innocent. This name does appear to be rather common and I found several people on Facebook with it, all of them Nigerians. I'm not accusing any of them of running this scam, though.

How this scam was supposed to play-out, as the scammer had initially planned it was:

  1. I contact him and ask for his help;
  2. He replies and asks for my information, not including my mailing address;
  3. I send him my information;
  4. He sends his thanks for my info and tells me to send $200 to him via Western Union while he gets to work on brewing the potion;
  5. I send him the money;
  6. He asks me for my home address so he can have it delivered to me;
  7. I send him my address;
  8. He tells me the potion is on its way;
  9. When it doesn't arrive, I contact him;
  10. He tells me to wait a few days;
  11. When it still doesn't arrive, I contact him again;
  12. He probably tells me that there was a problem with shipping and asks me for more money to hire a different courier service;
  13. When it still doesn't arrive, I contact him again;
  14. He probably tells me that it was lost and asks me for more money so he can start all over again;
  15. and so on.

Where my personal information winds-up is anybody's guess, of course. At the very least, if I just give-up right away, he's still got $200 of my money burning a hole in his pocket. If he notices that I've given-up on him, he'd likely use the information I've given him to pester me into giving him another try

This isn't something new for him, either. While he's been using the name "Okosun" recently, he's used names like Lano, Suku, Dibia Agbakor, Ezomo and many others.

At least with Tinnitus Remedy, Tinnitus Miracle and Tinnitus Terminator, you'll get something for your trouble. A book, some CDs or a digital download. They're all useless, but you're actually getting something for your money and none of them costs as much as Dr Okosun's magic formula.

My "Witch Doctor"Collection

It seems that either Dr Okosun is running scams under other cover identities or some other con artists have followed his lead and set-up shop for themselves. The following is a list of other "witch doctors" who have either spammed this blog (those comments get deleted) or have contacted me privately. I'll add more as they become known to me. I am listing them alphabetically.

24hourslovespell
24hourslovespell@gmail.com
whatsapp +2347059073543

Dr Abumere
abumereherbalcentre@gmail.com

DR ADAGBA
adagbaspiritualtemple@gmail.com
Whatsapp +2349057354407

Joseph Alberto
josephalberteo@gmail.com

Dr Azuka
dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com
WhatsApp +2348132777335

Doctor Dada
drdadaspellhome@gmail.com
Whatsapp him +2349053287581

Dr Ebhota
telephone +2347086564868
email drebhota123456@gmail.com

Dr Enato
dr.enatosolutionhome@gmail.com
Whatsapp (+234) 8158836717

Dr George
drgeorge2580@gmail.com

Dr.Lewis Hill
drlewishill247@gmail.com
lewishill247@gmail.com

Dr Kemi
kemilovespelltemple@gmail.com
mobile number +2349066484033
whatsapp +2349039545297

LOVE RE CONCILIATOR
payospiritsshalospells@yahoo.com

Dr Luka
lukagozorspellhome@gmail.com

Dr Miracle
miraclespellhome@yahoo.com

Dr Odinaka
dr.sunshineherbalhome@gmail.com
odinakaspiritualtemple@gmail.com
whatsApp +2349051208634
call him +2348147673395

Dr. Ogudo
dr.ogudoherbalspelltemple@gmail.com
dr.ogudoherbalspelltemple@hotmail.com
dr.ogudoherbalspelltemple101@yahoo.com
Whats App +2349031726182

Dr.Ogudugu
GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM

Dr Okosun
doctorokosunspelltemple@gmail.com
Whatsapp +2348107584479

Dr Omoa
dradanikesolutionhome@outlook.com
Telephone  +2348141309378

Dr ODUSODO
drocusodospellcaster@gmail.com
drocusodospellcaster@yahoo.com
contact number +2349067457724

Dr BABALORIXA
babalorixaharbalhome@gmail.com

Dr Osas
doctorosasherbalhome@gmail.com
osasspellcaster@gmail.com
Telephone +2349036919200

Dr, Sebi
drsebicellfood1@gmail.com
Telephone 19147094469
WhatsApp 2348158836673

Dr.Agbazara Temple
agbazara@gmail.com
whatsapp +2348104102662

Dr Kpelede Temple
kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com
Telephone 2347038111854

Dr Tunde
drtundeherbalhomeremedy@gmail.com
cell phone: +2349065367145 or +23451095232

Dr Uze
druzespellhome@gmail.com
Telephone: + 2348126257125

Dr Wafe
drwafesolutioncenter@gmail.com
Telephone +2348158836717

Dr William
drwilly37@gmail.com

Dr Williams
drwilliams098765@gmail.com

Some individuals who have been running witch doctor scams have branched-out and are now also attempting to pass themselves off as the Illuminati. Since I find this rather amusing, I'll list them below:

The Illuminati
Email officialilluminatiwealth@gmail.com

Illuminati World Money
ymcmbworldmoney@outlook.com
ymcmbworldmoney@gmail.com
call Mr Andrew +2349035553397


Duane Browning

2 comments:

Yroop said...

Thanks for your time, I knew about this supposed dr by Instagram, also I contacted him and he was exactly the same way you've described him
He ask for US$ 350,00 then when I told him I can't afford this amount of money, he ask me how much I will able to pay. I told him, please you tell me the minimum amount of money. then he said 250.oo
Then I asked him if I wouldn't have problems with
the customs service, it
does not allow the entry of certain medications to the country, to which he replied that he has never had problems with this and we will contact again when I have enough money

Squeak66 said...

I got hit with the same scam. I thought that the list of cures I saw was hilarious: especially - you want your ex husband back. Love potion #9.
My best suggestion for tinnitus is to get an air purifier which drowns out the tinnitus when you sleep and you have cleaner air. My theory is that it is the herpes virus that has affected some part of the middle or inner ear. I haven't studied it enough but suffer from a few herpes. Most adults carry the herpes virus in their bodies. It activates more in women cuz we go through more hormonal changes in life than men do.If the medical system and community in the US did a better job, people wouldn't fall for the quack doctors. I mean, what is the difference? Most MD's are quacks too except insurance pays for them and they can do a lot of damage to people who believe in them as much as they do. I had to learn that one the hard way. It all depends on what they are selling. Follow the money!